General Rental Conditions
Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rides), hereby rents to the customer who signed the vehicle described in the terms and conditions of this document pursuant to which, the customer acknowledges and agrees.
1) The customer received the vehicle in perfect condition.
2) The said vehicle will only be driven by the customer and will not be used:
A. For transportation of goods in violation of customs regulations or in any way illegal;
B. For the transportation of goods or passengers in exchange for any remuneration or compensation, implicit or explicit;
C. To pull or push any vehicle or trailer and for sports events;
E. By anyone under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
3) The minimum age of the driver is 21 years old. Driving license valid in Portugal with a minimum of 1 year of experience.
4) The vehicle is delivered with a sticker identifying the company (7m) stamped on the rear window, signaling triangle and a sealed odometer, normal tools, a spare wheel, booklet and title deed of ownership or U.S.A. Green insurance card and inspection form;
A. In case of total or partial loss or destruction of the vehicle's documentation by the Customer, the Customer may be obliged to compensate the rental company for the inherent losses, namely for the expenses resulting from the issue of second copies of documentation and administrative expenses by the Rental company.
5) Prices do not include: Fuel, washing, fines and in the event of an accident towing the vehicle to the original rental station: the rates do not include expenses for collision compensation. The CLIENT is responsible for the maintenance of the vehicle and their respective equipment, during the entire rental period, and must check the oil and fuel levels, water and the tire pressure in particular. In case of excess dirt (indoor or outdoor) a cleaning fee of € 15 will be applied.
6) Prices include the expenses paid by the customer for the maintenance of the car and oils, duly justified with receipts on behalf of Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda., Expenses over € 15.00 will be refunded when previously authorized by the rental company .
7) Prices include liability insurance. The customer can choose the Premium insurance. These insurance do not inhibit the customer from paying damages caused due to speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics, or due to negligence, in this situations the premium insurance has no effect, and the cliente should pay to Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. all costs related to the damage caused, at the time of delivery of the vehicle, as well as compensation corresponding to the time of stoppage of the injured vehicle.
Any damage to the vehicle or assistance performed is the responsibility of the customer who has chosen the CDW option (deposit). Also Damages caused by gross negligence will be supported by the customer with CDW or SCDW such as:
- Wrong fuel supply: the amount payable for compensation is €600
- Loss or damage of documents or energy card: The amount payable for compensation is 150€ per document
- Loss or damage of electric cables: 620€
- Complete discharge of an eletric vehicle - 375€
- Engine or gearbox damage as an example clutch damage is not covered by the CDW or the SCDW, varying the value for each vehicle.
8) The rental ends on the day and hour fixed by the lessee. If you wish to extend the rental period, the lessee must go to the nearest Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-car) station to update your rental contract 24 hours before it ends. In the event that there is no such consent, the vehicle is considered to move without authorization and against the will of its owner, the fact being punished by law, and the responsibility of the driver, with a default rate of 100 € plus the rental day value and insurance.
9) If the customer violates the Rental Agreement, Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda., May immediately cease the same and without prior notice, and recover the vehicle in any premises or location, the CLIENT being responsible and owing indemnify Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. against all actions, complaints, costs and consequential or recurring damages of this same recovery and withdrawal.
10) The estimated cost of the rental must be paid at the beginning of the rental, based on the cost of the daily rate, plus 100 km per day, or unlimited mileage. A refundable deposit should also be left in the amount of the insurance deductible, to cover any damages.
11) The customer further agrees to protect the interests of the renter and the rental insurance company in the event of an accident during the rental period and as follows:
A. Obtaining the names and addresses of the persons involved and witnesses;
B. Not pleading responsible or guilty;
C. Not abandoning said vehicle without taking the appropriate measures to protect and safeguard it;
D. Notifying the police immediately;
12) In the event of an accident, loss, damage or theft, the occurrence must be immediately reported to the competent police authorities and Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent- a-Car) within the next 24 hours. The lessee is obliged to complete the friendly accident declaration with as much data as possible, otherwise, the CDW and SCDW insurance options will be considered null and void. The lessee undertakes to cooperate with Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) and its insurers in any subsequent investigation or legal proceeding.
13) Any editions or changes to the terms and conditions of this document will be void unless they have been agreed in writing.
14) The rental contract is made with the laws of the country in which it is signed and governed by them. Both parties now agree that the resolution of any dispute arising from this contract, the Judicial Court of the District of Funchal will be competent, unless it involves serious inconveniences for one of the parties, without the interests of the other justifying it.
15) Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car), is not responsible for accidents that are not reported to the police. CDW and SCDW does not cover damage to tires, windows and locks, as well as accidents caused by speeding, and or damage caused by the effects of alcohol or drugs.
16) The lessee consents to the storage and processing by Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) of his personal data contained in this rental agreement, and also in the communication of said data in the group companies, for the same collection purposes, including statistical analysis, commercialization of Madeira Moderna services - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) and credit control. In the event of a breach of this contract by the lessee, your personal data may be revealed or communicated to third parties to the extent necessary to recover the losses inherent in the breach.
17) Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) is not responsible to the lessee or any passenger for the loss or damage caused to personal property carried or left in the vehicle, either during the rental period , or after the same.
18) The Renter must return the vehicle with the same level of fuel, if it is lower, a fee of 25 € will be charged for each 1/4 of missing fuel tank.
19) Premature delivery of the vehicle will not incur a refund of the amount paid for the rental. Returns via website regarding the withdrawal of reservations will be made according to the following rules: up to 7 days before the reservation, we will refund 100% of the value (less fees); up to 3 days before booking, we will refund 50% of the amount (less fees); up to 3 days or less we do not refund the paid amount. All reserve cancellations made in a physical store will not be refundable.
20) Payments: We only accept debit or credit card. No Money accept in reservations. We only accept credit or debit cards in deposit bond except American express cards.
21) Trailers are supported by Madeira Moderna, except in situations where the customer has been negligent such as: key lost, battery failure due to forgetting lights or radio on while parking, lack of fuel, jam off tar roads and other similar situations. In this cases client must pay 100€ for trailer ́s support, even if the client has payed premium insurance.
22) This contract governs the contractual conditions relating to the reservation made, only for cases that have occurred, where Madeira Moderna - Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) provided the lessee, on paper or other durable medium, in a timely manner and prior to its execution, containing the mandatory information for it.
23) For the rental of motorcycles with an engine capacity above 600cc, the basic CDW has a cost of €1000 or 800€. When renting motorcycles with an engine capacity above 600cc, you must be over 25 years of age and have a valid category A license for at least two years.
25) It is possible to extend the rental period. The company must be contacted 24 hours before the end of the rental period in order to check the availability and the customer must stop by a 7M branch to complete the extension, update the contract and make it legal.
26) When returning the motorcycle or the car, the fuel level must be the same as when it was picked up.
27) The insurance does not cover acts of vandalism and natural disasters.
28) The customer with CDW is responsible for any damage to mirrors, loss or damages to the key, punctures, blown tires or damaged rims.
29) The customer is responsible for fines of any kind, use of wrong fuel, transgressions and acts of negligence to the vehicle or to third parties, bad driving or wrong handling of the motorcycle.
30) The client is responsible for situations arising from driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other narcotic substances, as well as the damages resulting from this situation.
31) All types of motorcycles use 95 or 98 gasoline as fuel.
33) Any accident, damage, fine, or cost incurred as a result of reckless driving, dangerous maneuvers, stunts, or stunts with the motorcycle will be covered by the client.
34) The customer is responsible for the conservation of the motorcycle and the respective equipment supplied by the rental company, during the entire rental period, and should check, namely, the oil and fuel levels, water and tire pressure.
35) Premature delivery of the motorcycle will not result in a refund of the rental price paid, nor will all cancellations of reservations made at the physical store be subject to refund.
Latest update: August 9, 2022